10 June 2011

Fat Friday...


Baking just got ten times better.

I'm serious. After trying to find somewhere in this house that didn't make my photos look jaundiced [as with last week], I stumbled upon the best cooking aid ever.

TV.

I know. How did I not think of this before? I mean, the possibilities are endless. Baking with Glee. Baking with MTV. Baking with baking programmes. Okay, too far.

And just between you and me? It took more effort to lug all of the ingredients back and forth between kitchen and lounge than it would have done to just edit out any yellowy sheen afterwards. But man was it worth it.

I ended up sticking on Come Dine With Me (as per) and focused most of my attention upon listening to Dave Lamb's narration. God love that man's one-liners. I might have gotten so carried away as to imagine him narrating my own culinary venture...but y'know, that would have been sad and pitiful and certainly not something you'd openly admit to on the internet. Nah-ah.

Embarassing revelations aside, the easiness of this recipe was proven by the simple fact that I managed it even whilst watching TV and apparently daydreaming myself into my own CDWM episode [it will happen one day].

Peanut butter buttons, studded with chocolate and baked into tiny cookie form. I like to think Dave Lamb himself would be proud.

INGREDIENTS


Pre-heat the oven to 180°C // 350°F // GM 4

Sift the flour into a bowl, add the sugar, peanut butter, egg yolk and regular butter/margarine and beat together until a dough is formed.


Divide into evenly shaped balls - I made 12 out of this quantity of dough - and place on a pre-lined baking tray.


Squash each biscuit down slightly with the back of a spoon.


Next chop up the chocolate into small chunks... 


...you can see what's gonna happen here, right? Press a few chunks lightly into the surface of each biscuit.


Pop into the oven for 10 minutes and bring out to cool.


Thinking back on it, making them into teeny-tiny size probably wasn't a good thing. Eating ten miniature cookies somehow feels nowhere near as as bad as eating one giant one...it's practically virtuous. But then again, if it weren't for only being able to squeeze a few choc-chips onto each mini-cookie, I wouldn't have discovered these little characters...




And for those of you unfamiliar with CDWM, this would usually be the point at which Mr. Lamb utters some witty phrase questioning my sanity.

I don't blame him one bit.

xxx

23 comments:

Mo said...

These look so yummy and quite easy so I think I will put my baking skills to the test and give them a go.
I love come dine with me but mostly for Dave! Too funny.
xx

Jess Heath MUFX said...

Oh maaaan, I love anything with peanut butter in! Yum yum!

Unknown said...

these look lovely but sadly, i am not one for peanut butter.
but i am soo making those shortbread things you did on your last fat friday! can't wait:)
xxx

Susie said...

These look incredible...I love peanut butter! Plus, it is a good source of protein, which makes me feel less guilty, haha! Have a great weekend, Danni!

daisychain said...

I can't work out if I love or hate you right now ;) do you think these would be good with cinammon/raisin peanut butter?

StephanieDJL said...

Drooling a little bit...

My dream is for the Come Dine With Me commentator to join up with the Four Weddings guy, perfection!

Kaleido Mind said...

yum!! and i am totally with you--my bf thinks i am crazy for taking ingredients back and forth to the tv:D

Brat said...

Haha I just actually LOL'd at the moustache cookie! These look really yummy, although I'm not a fan of peanut butter, I think I could handle it in a cookie.

Ivonne said...

Wow, those look absolutely delicious! Wish I had the talent to actually bake something as delicious looking as that! hehe :P

x, I

NRC♥ said...

they look so cute and yummy!
following

Melissa said...

those look YUM! i really love your fat friday posts!!
xx

Anonymous said...

It really just looks too tastey..Love the characters you made!:)
Never getting tired of your fat fridays! I really need a good cupcake recipe for my birthday next month, so if you have anything that would also look good let me know!
xx

eliza said...

Oh my, this looks so good! Posts like this make me so sad that I'm allergic to chocolate, but these cookies do look pretty good minus the chocolate anyway!

xx

Unknown said...

wow those look good! Mini cookies are definitely the way to go! I adore the faces!

Temporary:Secretary said...

Yummy!!! Looks delish! x

Emma said...

Oh, YUM. They look delicious. Fat Fridays is the greatest idea ever. x

Leia said...

I think I just put on weight reading this post.

Y - U - M.

Leia

fritha louise said...

Well this is freaky. I made this exact same recipe on Friday without seeing this. Like exactly the same. Same measurements and everything. Great minds! Next time I'm definitely adding chocolate though!

Rachel, Cold Knees said...

They look delicious, I love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter! I'm sure Dave Lamb would have some questionable things to say about your sanity :p xx

Lil said...

YUM

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

These look sooo yummy!

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

Mmmm! They look delicious! And I love the photograph of the duck! I used to have 3 as pets, and they looked so much like the one pictured!

x
www.lostinthehaze.com

armileen said...

awwwwww mannn, WHY did i have to stumble upon this blog? WHYYYY!? i think i gained 30lbs just looking at these wonderful images! fantastic blog full of delishhh photos! =)

armileg.blogspot.com