11 May 2011

On the fringe of festival season


Can you smell it?

The suncream, the dry shampoo, the incredibly distant scent of actual cleanliness?

Well no, neither can I. But I can imagine it, as this year is going to be my first [finally!] festival experience.

As much as I'm in denial about the whole mud-tent-smelliness issue, I'm in a constant state of daydreaming over the music, the friends and the fashion. I can't wait to don my floral wellies, stick on my shades and absorb all of that wonderfully hazy atmosphere.

I'm also [much to the shared interest of my camping buddies] in constant glasto-fashion mode. Prints, feathers, braids and fringes...I want it all. And none moreso than the latter. Steph's DIY post a few weeks back properly got me hooked on trying to make my own fringed t-shirts, and as soon I'm back home I'll have a week to hunt down some cheap and cheerful tops and shred them to pieces. I'm imagining it'll be the best form of stress relief I could find!

But in a parallel life, where money is endless and you can call me Mrs Followill postage is free, I'd love nothing more than to spend my funds on all of this lovely stuff.





 Part of me thinks the fringing trend should be well and truly over now. That is, before a bigger, more scary-looking part of me threatens to slap the former for being so darn cynical. Yes it's an oldie, but it's certainly a goodie and I for one am not giving up on it just yet.

In fact, I've got a sneaky feeling that my perfectly lovely, intact t-shirts will slowly be moving into fringed territory pretty soon...

...snip-snip.


19 comments:

Kathryn said...

which festival will you be attending this year, if it's Glastonbury i'm insanely jealous as the line up looks fab! i went last year and there really is nothing like it! fringing is never over, especially at a festival!

K xo
legs11eleven.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'm turning to the dark side and I fancy myself a fringed tee or something fringe! The lavender fringed top is lovely and I can imagine it with a pair of denims and would be crackin' with that bag!

Anonymous said...

Also I went to my first festival last year and we camped a bit away from the toilets which wasn't a good idea! It smelt after day 2 but the good thing about it was if we needed a wee during the night we could use it. Went a tad into detail there, apologies :P

Also you're going to have a great time, everyones lovely and the atmophere is immense esp at night when everyone is chanting together. I thought people would care what you looked like but no oone did by day 3, we were just concerned about having a great time!

Anonymous said...

I've never been to one of this festivals but sounds like a great experience! Love the outfits you've put together so boho and chic!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

Susie said...

Love that fringed Topshop bag! I can't wait for festival season. Topshop is selling this hilarious "day Festival kit" have you seen it? It's some sunscreen, a couple of minutes, and a piece of hard candy for like £10..hilarious! Good idea though.

Emma said...

Haha, gotta love DIY fringing! I can't wait for the festival season... I'm going to be going to Bestival and Edinburgh Fringe. Where are you going? x

Sophie (Little Mittens.) said...

I'm quite glad I can't smell it! However I can't wait for glasto!! x

Chloe said...

I've never done the festival thing, can't say I'm really that bothered. I'm quite put off by the whole tent-no shower thing. I'm semi-addicted to showering I think....

Love the idea of all that music though, and can't wait to see you as a stylish festival go-er. Looks like you have some great ideas on what to wear already.

Stephanie said...

Wish I was going to a festival this year, really fancy it after seeing all the amazing pictures from Coachella! Love the pieces you've picked out, especially the Asos one :) xx

MONZIE AKA EUQINOM7 said...

yes snip snip i agre loving these tops i seriously got to make onr... great post

http://euqinom7.blogspot.com/

xoxo

Claire said...

Gah, I've never been to a festival! I really should dip my toes in...

Cx

Steph & The Spaniels said...

Thank you for the little mention lovely :)
I'm still so 'jel' of you & Glasto- you will have the best time, and I'm sure you will look bloody amazing (slight be smelly, amazing none the less)
xx

Lydz xX said...

boooo, all im feeling now is freezing :D. made me think of summer for a sec

http://themashedup.blogspot.com/
Lydz xX

Winnie said...

Aw you'll have the best time! I've been to Reading twice in the past...and I loved going each time though, I have to say that I don't think I could go to another one. I would love to go to Coachella one day though but that would be uber expensive.

Anyway Jamie's Italian in the bullring? We should totally go there to eat one day!

eliza said...

I've never actually been to a festival, although I am looking forward to my first experience with one in hopefully the not too distant future. I love fringing, still, it's just so festival-y.

xx

Sherin said...

I'm in full festival mode as well. I can actually smell the mud, lol. I love frnged stuff. I just bought a fringed bag, specifically for Reading.

Unknown said...

frindging has been going on for ages now but you know what I'm loving it - been loving it for ages, yet still havent got anythign fringed haaaa
xx

sian said...

glastonbury lineup is amazinggg!! is that where you're going? love all your choices, lavender fringed top is so beautiful.
also really like your blog header, so cute! x

Unknown said...

I love fringing! Im definitely going to be trying some DIY before I head to Green Man in August. So excited! X