26 September 2011

PEACE AND STEVE


Just a simple outfit for today. It was one of those rare instances where I woke up knowing exactly what I wanted to wear; in this case something black and simple, with the peace necklace that I'm struggling to believe I ever lived without. For anyone wondering where the post title comes in, I'm pretty sure the horse necklace was christened Steve by a friend a while back. If not then I'm that person who names inanimate objects when bored, and tries to cover it up with elaborate stories about sentimentality and nostalgia. Hmm...

Oh! I also got some very exciting news from the team behind BINTM who organised a blogging competition alongside handbag.com. If I'm totally honest, it's been so long since I entered that I presumed the finalists had already been chosen, but luckily for me that wasn't the case and I've been shortlisted as one of the final five! We have a style challenge to complete, which will be submitted next week ready for an online vote. As I said to Sarah on twitter, I'm excited enough to be in the top five, and I'm not a huge fan of voting comps anyway - it always means pitting bloggers against each other, which seems to go against the whole point of being a community, but I'm really excited to take part and I'll keep you in the know so that you can judge for yourself :)

Love, peace, and steve.

x



Top & Boots: Primark // Shorts: Urban Outfitters Sale // Necklaces: abroad and retro Dorothy Perkins

24 comments:

Sorcha said...

The outfit may be simple but it looks great. Your legs seem like they're going on for miiiiiiles!

I feel that naming inanimate objects shows my sensitive side, hah!

Maria Fallon said...

Love this, love you, love Steve... BUT he reminds me of that motherfugging scary unicorn key thing which I had, do you remember?!

Maria xxx

Chloe said...

Ah man, simplicity is a joy. My simple (but 100 times less tylish outfit) was one I woke up and knew I'd be wearing too. Green scarf come to Chloe. Love the bag in the post, where is it from?

Miuchos good luck for the competition, look forward to seeing your entry.

DANIELLE // DKD DESIGNS said...

Simple outfits are always my favourite to wear! I love this one and I also name inanimate objects! My phone is called Steve too! ;-).
xoxo

Jess said...

That necklace is gorgeous, you lucky thing :) well done on the comp, excited to see this style challenge! xxx

Jessamyn Read said...

Fantastic necklaces!
http://jessamynread.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Great outfit :) Simple ones are often my favourite. Love your necklace too xx

Lola said...

what a nice blog with beautiful pictures :) i love this outfit!

love, lola

Julia Henderson said...

lovely outfit, good luck in the competition! xxx

Glitter Detector said...

love this outfit, such a good combination of things and the necklaces are lovely xx

Lima said...

This outfit is brilliant! Simple yet works on so many levels. The peace necklace is pretty ace. xo

Leanne Cornelius said...

Great outfit, love the necklace!
Congrats on making the final1 x

Sophie said...

Congrats on making the final five girlie!

Sometimes the most simple outfits are the best. I love the necklaces you layered.
Sophie
x

lillie said...

Such a nice outfit. Love your peace necklace, it's a really nice touch! x

Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous. Love this whole damn vibe!


▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

Winnie said...

I love that necklace! It feels like an age since I've visited your blog but the blog looks gorgeous.

Also totally know what you mean about voting competitions, they're not the most fun are they? However, a big congrats for getting into the final 5! Good luck!!

Sherin said...

Simple really is the best thing to wear sometimes. I love this outfit! And the horse necklace is so cute.

I V Y said...

you have hot legs! love the shorts :)

xo zebra and meerkat

Unknown said...

Love the necklace.
Such a simple outfit but it looks great.

xx

daisychain said...

You should be a bloody model.

Natalie said...

A simple but lovely outfit, and good luck with the competition! x

char said...

hi steve !

and i agree with laura that you shouldbe a model ;)

Anonymous said...

I love your style your blog is so cool check out mine?? xx

Lil said...

Love this look on you. Very 90s - my fave! x